Thursday, September 26, 2013

A new day.....

Today I started thinking about how great I have it.  I may not have everything right now, but I am working on my future. I am excited about moving and being in a new environment. I know God has the right place for me, so I need to continue to trust in HIM. The other day I forgot to take my meds. I totally flipped out and hurried home to take them. I just don't ever want to not take my meds. I believe that meds are so important for  "us" bipolar folks.  When I stopped taking my meds before, I  don't think I really understood what was happening to me. I was hospitalized, but the one thing that the Dr's did not really do for me is sit me down and actually talk to me about my mental illness. I remember my case manager Ziba told me this, YOU have a mental illness. Those words really made me think and it sure hit home. After losing everything I really know what it is like to rebuild a life again. I lost almost everything, but I am working really hard at rebuilding my life. I am stronger now and I know that in time everything will come together.

It is my faith that never left me. Even if I don't attend a church service I know that God is still with me. It is my personal relationship with God that keeps me going. I am not so obsessed over religion anymore. I have met new friends and I have learned to let go to those that were never my friend in the first place. Being Bipolar is not really bad as long as you do your part. I am lucky to have a great team in place and a Psychiatrist that I absolutely love. But I am also the one that has made my recovery so awesome, because I continue to follow through with my treatment and work on bettering my life. I am still struggling with a few things, but I realize now that I have a lot to be thankful for.

One luv,

Cathryn

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete