Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How I was diagnosed with Bipolar PART II?

After I was hospitalized I went back to my Apartment. My apartment was a mess, because I was sorting things in my life. I also got evicted at my apartment, but the wierd thing is I was giving money orders to the manager. When I moved I found the receipts and my bank also had a track record of things that I purchased. I was told I owed close to $2000 dollars, but that did not seem right. I was working and modeling, but modeling was not for me. I wanted to return to school and to better myself. I had lost my job at this time and my father wanted me to go to Oregon. I was not ready for that and when he came back, I left. I went to Santa Barbara. I needed to get away and I thought I would be safe there. I got my things and headed to the bus stop. I did stop in Oakland to get some hair. I left Oakland that evening and head to Santa Barbara. I chose that town because it was clean and safe. I arrived in the morning and I waited patiently for Social Security and the mail box place to open. I thought I would move to Santa Barbara. I purchased a mailbox and spent the day in Santa Barbara. The homeless were kind. I remember one homeless guy gave me crackers and told me what restaurants gave free food out. I spent the night on the street. I was scared to go to sleep, but I did feel like the world was ending. Santa Barbara is insane at night. Lots of traffic and people were rushing to go to places. I stayed awake all night. I remember going to a Baptist church and being turned away, because they could not help me. I went to all the services and really got nowhere. I decided to return to Oakland, where I was sent to the John George Hospital. That hospital scared me. I was told I was going back to Herik in Berkeley, where I actually was put on medicines. I liked Herik. I felt safe and the people were pretty decent. It was there that I found out about Concord Mental Health. I stayed with a friend in Concord and put all my things in storage and later found an apartment in Concord. I don't think I was in great shape as I am today. I think I have to thank my psychiatrist and psychologist Ziba for getting me where I am today. It took a lot of strength for me to get my life back on track. I am working on getting back the things I lost, but for now I am happy just to be at this place in my life. I am indeed blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment